25 replies to this topic

#1 randomlyrandom23

randomlyrandom23

Teachers pet

• Forum Moderator
  • 2008 posts
  • LocationWorkington, Cumbria

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

What do you guys collect? If anything.. My list is endless so I thought I'd share some stuff with you.

I collect Elliot bears.. which are basically a cheap Me2U but in my opinion cuter! And they're elephants :D :D :D :D

Candles, I have around 300 Ornamental candles :) It's the thing that everyone buys me for birthdays and xmas when they can't think of anything else. On of my favourites is a candle that actually looks like a teddy bear with a little hat and coat on.. very cute. I have loads ranging from standard coloured candles, to 2000 millenium candles and also things from gift shops, for instance I visited an aquarium and came away with this beautiful candle that had the engravings of a nice sealife scene around the base. If anyone were to light any of my candles I think I'd sit and cry.. Lol

And now for my favourite collection.. Daggers - oh hell yeah baybeh! I fully intend to obtain a license to allow me to buy bigger swords and keep a lot more than I am allowed to now.. But my small collection of 4 is a good start. I have one pretty basic standard sword and 3 daggers :) once I've obtained a license of course I will extend to buying samurai swords, dual blade, throwing knives, movie replicas and pretty much anything I can get my hands on. You can buy daggers without a license depending on the size of the blade. When i get them back out of storage I'll take a pic of them and post it for you all :)
The next dagger I want to get is this one:
Attached File  dagger2.jpg   35.52K   1 downloads
How beautiful is that!? :D16: This one will cost me $32 which in GBP doesn't work out to be any more than £20 (I think.. I don't keep track of the exchange rate lol) but I would be willing to pay up to £50 for this beauty.

Another one I have my eye on is this:
Attached File  dagger.jpg   65.46K   1 downloads
set me back £50.. worth it!

Dagger collecting is an expensive collection but I fully intend to have an entire wall of my bedroom dedicated to displaying these beauties and one day.. I will have :D

SO yeah, what do you guys collect?

randomlyrandom23 / Erica

Email me

#2 c_vitamin_88

c_vitamin_88

Top of the class

• Members
  • 1486 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

Now that one is really cool :D

I got a thing for glasses :|
My latest achieve is the smurf glasses...
Posted Image

c_vitamin_88 was here...        

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 xXPoohXx

xXPoohXx

Teachers pet

• Forum Admin
  • 2978 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

i collect keyrings.

but they have to have place names on them, so towns, cities, countries, attractions etc.

i really have no idea how many i have, they are in bags kept under my bed lol. but i collected nearly 50 on my trip to australia!

each time i go on holiday i bring back keyrings of where i visited,

and feel free to send me them from your home towns if you like :D i dont have to have visited to collect them ;)

oh.. and pocket dragons.. well.. anything dragonish really.. but i do have quite a collection of the pocket dragons which are really sweet.

Posted Image
Noesis Forum Admin - Staff
Chat Navigator (Noesis UK)
Email me

#4 c_vitamin_88

c_vitamin_88

Top of the class

• Members
  • 1486 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

i collect keyrings.

but they have to have place names on them, so towns, cities, countries, attractions etc.

i really have no idea how many i have, they are in bags kept under my bed lol. but i collected nearly 50 on my trip to australia!

each time i go on holiday i bring back keyrings of where i visited,

and feel free to send me them from your home towns if you like :D i dont have to have visited to collect them ;)

oh.. and pocket dragons.. well.. anything dragonish really.. but i do have quite a collection of the pocket dragons which are really sweet.

How do they look?
Got a sample? :D

c_vitamin_88 was here...        

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 xXPoohXx

xXPoohXx

Teachers pet

• Forum Admin
  • 2978 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

how do what look?

Posted Image
Email me

#6 randomlyrandom23

randomlyrandom23

Teachers pet

• Forum Moderator
  • 2008 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

I have a beautiful dragon dagger.. the blade is its tail :D Also a dragon clock made from peat (which I'm sure you've asked me for before pooh lol) a dragon snowglobe and a few other dragon-y knick-knacks.. I loves dragons almost as much as I loves daggers lol.

randomlyrandom23 / Erica

Email me

#7 c_vitamin_88

c_vitamin_88

Top of the class

• Members
  • 1486 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

how do what look?

the keyrings :)
so i know what i should look for ;)

c_vitamin_88 was here...        

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 randomlyrandom23

randomlyrandom23

Teachers pet

• Forum Moderator
  • 2008 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:24 PM

Lol keyrings just look like keyrings :D I used to be big on collecting those too but lost a massive bunch i had on my keys once and lost interest lol.

randomlyrandom23 / Erica

Email me

#9 xXPoohXx

xXPoohXx

Teachers pet

• Forum Admin
  • 2978 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

i have so many keyrings i dont keep them together.. most are in bags under my bed but there are a few floating around on hooks down here (coz i've not yet put them in the bags)

and yeah.. keyrings are keyrings.. no two are alike...

i just only collect ones with place names on them.. not just pictures or cute stuff or names etc.

Posted Image
Email me

#10 HKL1024

HKL1024

My Jess is 'n baie beminlike vriendin

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationLancs

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

I collect the valves and other parts from old navibobs equipment of course ( even the ones with blown cathode heaters lol )

and i use the working parts to rebuild the equipment :) to be at least a little happy :)
HKL1024 en hated female het nog steeds'n baie mooi liefde.
HKL1024 and Jess still have a very nice love.

#11 Andy_egan

Andy_egan

Must try harder

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Locationwest yorkshire

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:26 PM

I have got a ever increasing number of rugby league programs

#12 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts
  • Chat Name:Shadow_X

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:43 PM

I have absolutely no collections anymore.

I think I'm going to start collecting Supernatural (The TV Series) stuff.

And Supernatural stuff, like unexplained mysteries, ancient books and so on.

And my mum loves anything to do with Royalty.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

Designed to annoy P.Sgt.Levers

#13 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

I think I might collect junk mail. Then when enough for a big Enverlope, post them back. With out a stamp :lol:

#14 randomlyrandom23

randomlyrandom23

Teachers pet

• Forum Moderator
  • 2008 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 07:18 PM

I have absolutely no collections anymore.

I think I'm going to start collecting Supernatural (The TV Series) stuff.

And Supernatural stuff, like unexplained mysteries, ancient books and so on.

And my mum loves anything to do with Royalty.

You would love Cumbria, there are so many 'ghost' stories surrounding the entire county. Muncaster castle is one of the most haunted in the country apparently :D I'm sure Most Haunted did something here.. We have loads of folklore stories about people disappearing on certain parts of roads and things like that.. I actually believe I have a few books on the mysteries surrounding Cumbria :) much fun.

I may start collecting Supernatural stoof too.. starting with Dean :D16:

randomlyrandom23 / Erica

Email me

#15 ringo1970

ringo1970

Fake-Finder

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • Locationgoogle/ yorkshire

Posted 22 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

i collect .. frogs gowd knows why but the make me :)

Posted Image

#16 model_wife

model_wife

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationsouth of edinburgh

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:58 AM

While i dont collect anything i have a rubber duck collector for a daughter, she is obsessed with them , there are some funny ones like michael quackson, james pond( got a lil bowtie) harley duckson(biker jkt) ductor( has a facemask). so far i think she has around 100.

#17 xXPoohXx

xXPoohXx

Teachers pet

• Forum Admin
  • 2978 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:07 PM

i think it's great when you take everyday objects and make them collectible.

rubber ducks... love it!

Posted Image
Email me

#18 Crazy_Nutter

Crazy_Nutter

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:13 PM

I used to collect everything dalmation :P well i still do in a sence cause if i see a cute dalmation costume or something i buy it for the baby :G11:

#19 LittleMissBigTrouble

LittleMissBigTrouble

Fidget

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

I used to collect bookmarkers from places i visited and kept them in an album lol not a clue to how many I have at present :)

#20 bouncey_bouncey

bouncey_bouncey

Makes friends easily

• Chat Navigator
  • 565 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:54 AM

I used to collect TY Beanie Babies... but only the bears ( except a few which are like the 9/11 set which is a dalmation, german shepheard and a bear but the set is lush.. I started Collecting them when i was about 15/16 but i havent bought any new ones for about 8 years or so... However i do have a few rare bears like Britannia and Osito ( hes a mexican exclusive ).. i also collect Chihuahua teddies, Me to you, Wow Trading cards ( just so i can have more exclusive stuff in game ) and some other stuffs... i did collect all my horse magazines and books but i left them behind in my old house :( mainly because u can always go back and refresh your memory on the stuff u learned years ago from the magazines ( ive now started to get another slow collection of them again since i have my ponys )

I also collect Enchanticas.. my Frav is my Dragon Dagger which well u wouldnt think it was a dagger unless u knew it was there

Edited by bouncey_bouncey, 07 February 2012 - 01:55 AM.

bouncey3rdtag_zps264b7837.gif

bounceybouncey.png

Bouncey_One.png

#21 lil_smurfette

lil_smurfette

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

Oooh i have a few....

DVD's are my main ones.... I dont REALLY have a genre... but if i HAD to pick one I would go with horror... but i proberly have a dvd for all moods... funny... romantic... scary.... the list is endless! Although I do have a few boxsets i could watch time and time again.... Sons Of Anarchy (mmm Jax)..... True Blood (mmmmm Bill.... or Eric... or jason... Ummm where was i....) Oh... and Supernatural (Mmmm dean)

Then theres books.... Pretty much the same as films... but horror and true stories are my fave.

And finally

im into anything to do with ghosts/spirts (and before you say thats just silly... then thats your outlook) Anyhow..... Anything i can find like stories... pictures... videos.... im interested in reading/watching :D17:

Posted Image

#22 The_Fifth_Ace

The_Fifth_Ace

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 1668 posts
  • Chat Name:The_Fifth_Ace
  • LocationMethil, Leven, Fife

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

I don't think that is silly at all.

I have a passing interest in the Supernatural. Am going on a midnight tour of St Mary's Square in Edinburgh next month, and even down to the dungeons beneath the city...at night! Fabby!

rankicon.png

Noesis Graphics Designer

master-tfa.png

#23 Lea2975

Lea2975

linguist extraordinaire

• Members
  • 2884 posts
  • Chat Name:Lea2975
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

I don't think that is silly at all.

I have a passing interest in the Supernatural. Am going on a midnight tour of St Mary's Square in Edinburgh next month, and even down to the dungeons beneath the city...at night! Fabby!

That sounds amazing, I've done some of the underground city when I was up there but I bet its amazing at night - am well jealous!

You can make mistakes in life but it is how you deal with them that makes you a better person or a worse person.

#24 Oh.My.Gosh.

Oh.My.Gosh.

We're all mad here!

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

I collect mugs I have about 40 at the moment - nothing beats a good mug!!

#25 c_vitamin_88

c_vitamin_88

Top of the class

• Members
  • 1486 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

I collect mugs I have about 40 at the moment - nothing beats a good mug!!

When does the pic comming up on them? ;)

c_vitamin_88 was here...        

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 alivia

alivia

First Day

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Chat Name:alivia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

That's a really amazing knife. I have a few but I don't collect them, per'se. I have a Kalinga and some machete's and a few swiss army knives.
No keyrings other than the one im using at the time, but that sounds interesting. 
I do collect silver rings for fingers and toes, coins, old bills, movies, books, vinyls. Im also a amateur photographer so I also collect my own snaps.
I must be the first one to post here for over a year....... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users