#1 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hello,

Are you a visitor to s2g2 and wondering what's going on?

Do you have any questions, queries, complaints, comments?

If you have any of the above, don't be shy. We're mostly harmless and love to engage in social intercourse so do speak up, join in or ask anything you need to know before we get the key to our new home.

:FR16:
<p>................. a little box in which I can keep my towel and my U number in case I get lost U1899683.</p>

#2 lil - ACE - Auntie Giggles

lil - ACE - Auntie Giggles

Top of the class

• -Members
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationChester, UK

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

Yay!

Good to see the :FR16: taking charge! :HUG:
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Find me in hootoo at: U551837

#3 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:26 PM

I wouldn't go that far but there are a number of noesi that seem to look at the forum - but say nowt. I had hoped this thread would encourage them to speak up. Always looking for hitchhikers and you never know who we could pick up from this lay-by.

:HUG: right back at ya' sista'
<p>................. a little box in which I can keep my towel and my U number in case I get lost U1899683.</p>

#4 lil - ACE - Auntie Giggles

Top of the class

• -Members
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationChester, UK

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:37 PM

Yay! Watch out for the flying :G2: dropping in!.. He's just had a fight with his password!..
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#5 moonhogg

moonhogg

First Day

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:40 PM

Erm...

*coughs*

Ahem...

errrrr.....

Oh yes...

DAN DAN DAAAAHHHH!!!!

<coffee><coffee><coffee><cappuccino>

Anybody home?

#6 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

Noooooooooo!

I didn't think he'd be connected yet at the new house. :S26:

#7 lil - ACE - Auntie Giggles

Top of the class

• -Members
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationChester, UK

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

Hoggy!!!

:D18: :HUG:

You managed to find us then.. :P

#8 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

Why is he wearing a sheet?

:G2:

#9 moonhogg

moonhogg

First Day

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

Not connected?! You don't know the half of it. I had a big argument with my ISP, as they accidentally switched my broadband off after I'd been here three days. After another 4 days they agreed it was their problem, and offered to send an engineer out. The soonest they could manage was October the 16th! I may have got a little annoyed with them, because after a 15 minute wait on hold while the tech spoke to his supervisor, he offered me "erm... tomorrow, before 9am?". Yes, that's better...

#10 lil - ACE - Auntie Giggles

Top of the class

• -Members
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationChester, UK

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

Maybe it's part of the new censorship ;)

Did you know you cannot type something like the 'big heave-h o ' without it being ~censored~ :D7:

Ooops! I was talking to Fizzy, Hoggy.. sorry for jumping in.. no <simpost> smileys here.

#11 moonhogg

moonhogg

First Day

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:49 PM

But I've still not got a gas supply to the house... we discovered a leak after we'd been in two days. After a number of floorboards, and half my kitchen were ripped up, they traced it - to under the concrete floor of the living room, or inside the plastered wall.
We're now capped off, and trying to find a reliable gas engineer to fit a complete new system...

#12 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:53 PM

I read about that on fb. At least the weather's been warm. :)

I haven't tried the filthers yet - I reckoned we wouldn't be here long enough to do a real test. hey-~Censored~ ;P

#13 moonhogg

moonhogg

First Day

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

I'm trying to update the sheet... this site doesn't like me, it won't let me upload any photos.

#14 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:57 PM

There are a few of you like that - I blame lil because 2legs didn't touch anything.

:D14: how come they have that smiley and don't allow you to hoe the garden?

#15 lil - ACE - Auntie Giggles

Top of the class

• -Members
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationChester, UK

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:57 PM

<snork>

Right! I'm away to my bed. I'll see you two either here, there.. or wherever! G'night sweetheart :D18: :HUG:

#16 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:58 PM

Goodnight dearie, sleep tight. :HUG:

#17 lil - ACE - Auntie Giggles

Top of the class

• -Members
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationChester, UK

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

You too, when you get there :HUG:

#18 moonhogg

moonhogg

First Day

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

Night Night!

Yes, I've heard about lil and her button pressing... they expect the new site to work?

#19 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

I sure hope it does. This place has more the feel of an extermination camp than a departure lounge. :D8:

Mind you, I expect there'll be more life about the place as the others have little option but to join us for the wait. :S10:

#20 moonhogg

moonhogg

First Day

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:08 AM

I've been rather out of the loop lately - moving house, working at the virus lab, which has no personal internet access, and a home pc that only works intermittantly, so I'm largely oblivious to what's going on... I know the changeover is supposed to be happenning tomorrow - is the site supposed to be up and running straight away?

#21 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:12 AM

Two to three days is the latest estimate, it was originally supposed to be hours. :D7:

I've been out of the loop myself with one thing and another. Seems when I'm on hootoo nobody else is. I've been hanging around here all weekend hoping to see some signs of life and in fairness it has been slightly more lively than my recent hootoo visits. :S25: :S1:

#22 moonhogg

moonhogg

First Day

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

I've tried to get into Hootoo from my mobile phone, but on my breaks I'm usually texting Gina, and hootoo takes ages to load, log in, refresh, post, update.... sadly, Facebook is virtually instant by comparison. Hopefully when I get back to my usual hospital I'll be able to get back into the cyber cafe on lunch breaks

#23 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:23 AM

Lucky you. I don't think I'll be able to access the new site when I go back to work. The beeb was easy but we generally aren't permitted to visit social network sites with sites that are heavy on the ads. My phone isn't great at the internet so I tend not to bother with that.

:P:

#24 moonhogg

moonhogg

First Day

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

When it goes live, will the site be H2G2.com?

#25 Fizzymouse

Fizzymouse

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 332 posts
  • Locationthe sofa

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:27 AM

Yes. www.h2g2.com that'll find it. Apparently there'll be some sort of holding message there tomorrow and until the site goes live. By all accounts it'll look exactly the same and the old site with skins and everything but I'm finding it hard to imagine it being exactly the same. :D23: :G6:

#26 moonhogg

moonhogg

First Day

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:31 AM

Sounds promising... I hate to say it but I didn't get on with that barlesque - though it did look very modern. Anyway, I'm off to bed now - my alarm goes off in less that 5 hours! Night, mouse, hope to see you around more often! take care, and sweet dreams!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users