Photo

What Do You Say About Editing Posts?

noohootoo h2g2 editing posts staff editing posts members editing own posts editing posts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

#157 Mr. Dreadful

Mr. Dreadful

Makes friends easily

• H2G2
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

I think that might overcomplicate things as it would mean having to assign permissions individually. Better way would be to have an edit function that's available to everyone and just let those who don't want it not use it.
Vila: I'm entitled to my opinion.
Avon: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.
U651852

#158 Haragai - U14769281

Haragai - U14769281

Makes friends easily

• H2G2
  • 480 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Mrs Z - Would we have said to Shakespeare "No I'm sorry, you wrote "A plague on both you're houses" and you can't change it. Preview is your friend"?

Ehrm... In the time of the great bard there was not even a preview, it was 'write once, regret forever' in those days so one would really have to think about what they wanted to write *before* they wrote it :D15:
On extended leave from h2g2 (still)

#159 Haragai - U14769281

Haragai - U14769281

Makes friends easily

• H2G2
  • 480 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

OK, sorry, didn't notice how much further the thread had moved and replied to something way way way past the conservation date (play on words for conversation :D15: haha). I could have un-posted or edited but that would remove the opportunity for others to learn from my mistake. And... I thought it funny so maybe someone else would think it is funny and liked it and maybe even respond to it so that the topicdrift that is part of the culture of h2g2 has been cast free once more and possibly even derail the yes/no is/isn't do/don't play by play of the conversations about the isssue....
I'm rambling, I can tell.
I'll go sit in that corner now. :S13:
On extended leave from h2g2 (still)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noohootoo, h2g2, editing posts, staff editing posts, members editing own posts, editing, posts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users