31 replies to this topic

#27 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationPeckham, London, England

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:53 AM

Well I'm happy enough with the not knowing of h2g2..much happier than here where as soon as I go to a thread a lot of information is given to me about how many guests, users, names etc are currently looking at that thread.

But each to their own.

#28 Rev Nick

Rev Nick

Bit quiet

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

AB, it is understood that what some persons WANT and NEED over-ride the common day to day running of web-sites and the like. Even if such demands are counter-community oriented and just plain silly. Tis the life of some web-sites
Yust a guy, ya know?

#29 Malabarista

Malabarista

Settling in well

• H2G2
  • 333 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

Effers, if I'm reading this correctly, you're not objecting to seeing who's visiting your PS, you don't want other people to see that you've visited theirs.

Don't worry about that - it's what the PS is for, learning more about someone. It's entirely public. We've got some weird etiquette surrounding Personal Spaces on h2g2 because there's no such thing as a private message, so they have become semiprivate. It's not the same here.

#30 Lanzababy

Lanzababy

h2g2 Guide Editor

• H2G2
  • 2088 posts
  • LocationIslas Canarias, España and UK

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

I always thought the joy of h2g2 was having a personal space that was inviting and welcoming. I like the virtual open front doors and comfy cushions and refreshments that greet you on some people's spaces.

But it isn't compulsory - some are totally different - a sort of Curriculum Vitae. Then of course you can tiptoe in and out without leaving a message. It goes without saying that leaving a message is far more civilised, and in h2g2 our messages are public - which is kind of quaint too. You have to remember that they are there for eternity and can be read by anyone who cares to. It's part of the accepted openness of the site - one of our customs and practices.
<p>&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Why do I keep thinking up difficult questions?&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>

#31 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationPeckham, London, England

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

>Effers, if I'm reading this correctly, you're not objecting to seeing who's visiting your PS, you don't want other people to see that you've visited theirs.<

No I'm just wanting it to be more like real life..I'm not interested in knowing who has visited mine..or can imagine others would be that interested to know I visited theres.

I'll leave a real message and make contact myself through language...and someone might on mine.

I always look to real life as my starting point of what feels most real and comfortable to me..and its to do with *relationships* not stats of people making visits to nose around or me doing the same.

It's a strongly cultural thing for me and the kind of people I mix with and their values.

I've now decided to completely put behind me my old PS. All it has been of late is misery and negatitvity. Let it rot.

As soon as its possible to register as a new person..I'll do that as Effers. Then like everyone else here I can have a proper clean slate..no more albatrosses. That will feel good.

#32 Carei

Carei

First Day

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Chat Name:Scorpion

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

I feel like Im too sinful to actually expect God to bless my future. Is that wrong for someone like me who loves the Lord? I just believe that if something good happens, then its just pure coincidence because I dont expect God to reward me or bless me because im undeserving... is this a wrong mindset although true?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users