• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#27 TRiG

TRiG

Bit quiet

• H2G2
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

Personally, I find Richard Stallman even cooler than Linus Torvald. Linus is an Open Source guy. Stallman is a Free Software guy. And Free Software is a philosophy I love (I really must move away from Ubuntu to Debian). Unfortunately I have to use Windows in work. So far I've managed to avoid Apple. I never want to listen to music through earphones anyway. On the odd occasions I listen to music, I do it properly, at home, through a decent stereo. Why would anyone want music while walking? That's weird. shakes head and frowns in confusion

Incidentally, the browser/OS stats at the W3 Schools website are unreliable. That's a breakdown of people who visit W3 Schools: in other words, people who are interested in web development or programming, but who haven't yet worked out that W3 Schools is a very poor resource, often with errors. Minor geeks. That's not a representative sample of the overall population.

Of course, this is all a moot point anyway these days.

Posted Image

TRiG.
<p>DON'T PANIC. U612575.</p>

#28 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationPeckham, London, England

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Nah. Maybe its my Scottish Grandad coming out. But saying I'm a Mac..is a whole universe away from saying I'm a PC.

We're in the Gordon clan from Newton Stewart. Actually I think they didn't go a bundle on Macs.seen as catholic highlanders..we were presby west coasters..obviously on the side of the English at Calluden.

Anyway I could more imagine buying a Morris minor than owning any thing other than an appleMac computer, with the Mac OS. It's Lion now apparently. When will it be ~Censored~ cat :)))

#29 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationPeckham, London, England

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:02 PM

Oh man we can't say pssy cat here. My great aunt was telling me to say that from about the age of 3

#30 TRiG

TRiG

Bit quiet

• H2G2
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

Yeah. The censorship here is a little ... odd. But not as bad as a Christian forum I was on once which starred out the word idiot, making some of my postings seem a lot ruder than they actually were. It was fun, in a way.

TRiG. :cow:
<p>DON'T PANIC. U612575.</p>

#31 Mrs Zen

Mrs Zen

... so close I've got butterflies in my tummy

• H2G2
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

<p style="text-align: center"><span style="font-family: comic sans ms, cursive"><em>U500175</em></span></p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users