76 replies to this topic

#27 Vip

Vip

Top of the class

• Members
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationGMT

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

May I mention that that email address is open to all affected parties.
U188069

#28 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationPeckham, London, England

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Can't be bothered if immediate action won't be taken. Everything has been going on for years..and it's always against women. That hideous thing I had in the last hour from 'Venus' should have immediately have resulted in a life ban if I was running noohootoo.

Now I get him pm..ing me..with more nastiness. But I'm so upset I can't properly read it.

I've seen what happens when people are too gutless to take strong and immediate action against bullies.

It's clear the way things are going to work here.

Any one with half a brain having known what was posted to me by 'Venus' his 'friend' in the last hour and now immediately in the first hour of noohootoo would realise what they are dealing with.

Christ where are you Taff?

I'll just carry on about telling everyone about what he does..and now the pm..ing thing.

I can't think straight. Sorry. And 'sad' doesn't really do it justice for me..but different strokes...

At least I got over now SoRB hoping I'd die in a car crash..that's small potatoes now.

#29 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

I love it when people who aren't subjected to really vicious and nasty stuff have all these theoretical structures in place.

It would be oh so nice to be able to think straight again.

I'll deal with it in *my* way.

#30 Mrs Zen

Mrs Zen

... so close I've got butterflies in my tummy

• H2G2
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

Can't be bothered if immediate action won't be taken.

I've seen what happens when people are too gutless to take strong and immediate action against bullies.

It's clear the way things are going to work here.

Effers, is insulting the Community Editors kind? The team have been flat out all weekend helping people transfer accounts, and suddenly you are saying

Me!

Now!

Me! Me! Me!

Now! Now! Now!

Well, sorry, but there are other users on this website and demanding instant attention of a dedicated but tired volunteer team is selfish and unkind.

We know you're upset. But please have some consideration for others before you start insulting them.

Ben
<p style="text-align: center"><span style="font-family: comic sans ms, cursive"><em>U500175</em></span></p>

#31 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

What's the problem?

I've now made it clear I'll deal with it in *my* way. As soon as Taff is around I'll discuss with him.

But really you shouldn't have said. 'You go for it girl'

I went for it to my space and found a pile of new sht. I went to my email and found more sht from him.

I don't want anything more from you Mrs Zen. I've got Mags, anhaga, toybox, Gif, to talk things over with.

Mags knows she is only to reply when she has time. She is welcome to take a month off from contacting me..yet I know she's there and get's it.

I defy ANYONE not to be badly affected by his pm..ing stuff on top of what was posted by 'Venus' to me in that last hour of old h2g2..that is conveniently now hidden..as is SoRB's hope for me to die in a car crash. (He's a mate of yours isn't he?)

As I said to SoRB. Noohootoo will be a blast.

#32 Mrs Zen

Mrs Zen

... so close I've got butterflies in my tummy

• H2G2
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:35 PM

I don't want anything more from you Mrs Zen.

Well, that's me told.
<p style="text-align: center"><span style="font-family: comic sans ms, cursive"><em>U500175</em></span></p>

#33 Rev Jackruss

Rev Jackruss

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

I would like to thank everyone involved! ~Censored~ so smooth

#34 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

<snork> I do still love you Mrs Zen...but it's tough...I need Taff <snork>

#35 Mr. Dreadful

Mr. Dreadful

Makes friends easily

• H2G2
  • 706 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Effers, if you won't yikes and you won't allow posts to be removed there is *no* immediate official action that can be taken. Sorry, but that's the truth of it. Like Ben said, keep the CEs informed of patterns and stuff, but there's only so much that can be done straight away if you're not using the onsite tools designed for dealing with these things.
Vila: I'm entitled to my opinion.
Avon: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.
U651852

#36 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

So what do I do about the pm thing?

Can I yikes in beta then? Are there mods? I assumed there wouldn't be. (Someone is incredibly clever. That hideous message in the final minutes of old h2g2...probbaly guessing mods gone home. Then in first few minutes of noohootoo..mods aren't going to be around). If I was in charge ruthless action would already be taken. But I'm not.

I have taken copy and paste.

I was scared if I yikesed it would cause some damage.

I quite like the ps stuff staying as evidence but I'll yikes the pm stuff as that's hidden anyway as he knows.

I'll go there now and see if I can yikes it.

I'm so just so shocked. I was so open in myself and excited about noohootoo. He shoved it in there...

#37 Mr. Dreadful

Mr. Dreadful

Makes friends easily

• H2G2
  • 706 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:04 PM

Yes, you can yikes and there are mods. We would not be even a little bit live with out them. Or rather us. I am hereby coming out on Noesis as one of the volunteer mods (it's no secret anyway as I'm named on the volunteer page on Hootoo itself). We were among the first people to be let onto the site (and indeed we've been there for all the alpha testing too) because we wanted to make sure that safety net was in place in case anyone decided to do the online equivalent of getting their willy out and running through the house.

When you say PMs do you mean on here>
Vila: I'm entitled to my opinion.
Avon: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.
U651852

#38 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

pm here, yes..I got an email. It's hard for me to convey how hard it actually is for me to confront the actual reality of this stuff...because of fragility about other stuff I'm dealing with. But I'll force myself.

If someone set out to send someone already psychologically fragile and upset mad..and alienate their friends from them, they couldn't do much better than Nick and 'Venus'.

#39 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

I've tried three times now to transfer my account and everytime it fails.

I don't want any more accusations thrown at me though, like this in post 30.

>Effers, is insulting the Community Editors kind? The team have been flat out all weekend helping people transfer accounts, and suddenly you are saying

Me!

Now!

Me! Me! Me!

Now! Now! Now!

Well, sorry, but there are other users on this website and demanding instant attention of a dedicated but tired volunteer team is selfish and unkind.

We know you're upset. But please have some consideration for others before you start insulting them.
<

It'll be just more ammo for N to attack me with...he must be delighted when he reads stuff like that..the more destructivity and conflict he can bring to noohootoo the better.

I'm giving it all this sht for tonight..(and it was such a nice day earlier..and I felt so happy for the wonderful All Blacks).. and getting smashed. Not only Volkswagen is something to rely upon...drink enough vodka and you can reliably get smashed...

Things will get better though if Taff returns..he won't throw sht at me..after 3 nasty attacks from Nk.

#40 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

Plus I have been one of the most outspoken people here in praise of all those people working so hard to make noohootoo.

If strong and immediate action could be taken against clearly very destructive people..I wouldn't be in this difficult position.

Okay <run>

#41 kea

kea

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Here's how to prevent someone from PMing you on noesis:

Go to your Username at top of the page

Drop down menu: my settings

Lefthand menu: Ignore Preferences

Text box: Add a new user to your list (type in username of person you want to block, it will bring up their actual noesis name)

Tick box: Ignore: Messages (tick the box)

You can also block posts from that person.

#42 kea

kea

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Oh, and take a copy of the PM first (not sure what happens to existing ones if you block their messages)

#43 Vip

Vip

Top of the class

• Members
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationGMT

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:16 PM

"If strong and immediate action could be taken against clearly very destructive people..I wouldn't be in this difficult position."

1. We need to know what this destructive behaviour in order to act against it. That involves either yikesing a post or emailing the [email protected]

2. Decisions made are confidential.
U188069

#44 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

He's on 100% full ignore now. Thanks. I'd only do this though in extremis. This is it.

I really can't remember if I took a copy of the pm message..I really can hardly think straight.

This person knows all about my vulnerabilities..he will have read a lot of stuff about my honesty about that on h2g2..he knows exactly how to maximise damage for me and my relationships here..and drive a wedge in between me and others..he's very clever. I've known for years his game..I see the patterns...but of course he will try to paint it as my paranoia..because I have admitted honestly to sometimes experiencing that. Thing is I will *Always* front up afterwards if I know paranoia is a factor. But if it isn't...which it is NOT.in this case..I can rest easy with my perceptions.

#45 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

Sorry Vip that makes no sense. It's been going on for years..really are people so blind? I'm not in any fit state mentally at present to deal with your post though.

But at least he's on ignore now.

#46 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

Okay went to email and looked again at his pm. This is it.

>

Effers,

Rev Nick has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "The New h2g2".

Rev Nick said:
======================================================================
You have heard fairy tales of me, bought them fully, from old and ancient folks. That is, of course, your priviledge. Think what you will of me, without having ever spoken "with" me, as opposed to at me or about me. You are a nothing voice to me, until you actually try conversation with me

But I will not tolerate your bleating and damning me at every turn on what you happily call 'noohootoo'. It sounds like the lollipop of a child. And you are many decades removed from that. You may think that you have powerful friends at the new sitr, but in fact they will have to be fair and equitable. And with your bulk postings and loss-of- ... connection? You will find yourself lost, perhaps culled.

Think on it, please

#47 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:57 PM

Okay I'll do the official thing tomorrow Vip. <cheers>

It's just it goes against the grain of all my upbringing to do it officially. But I will.

#48 Lanzababy

Lanzababy

h2g2 Guide Editor

• H2G2
  • 2088 posts
  • LocationIslas Canarias, España and UK

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:57 PM

Just passing through and reading, and digesting.

<zen>
<p>&lt;p&gt;&amp;lt;p&amp;gt;Why do I keep thinking up difficult questions?&amp;lt;/p&amp;gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>

#49 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:43 AM

It refuses to let me transfer.

I tried on 4 ocasions.

Yet *he* is in and posting happily on my ps and pmming me..until I blocked.

I spent a fair amount of time talking to Mags about scared I felt to come back after that vile thing Venus who claims to be his friend posted in the last hour. She tried to reassure me. I come back and straight away he's at it..and I can't even be admitted to noohootoo.

I expect I'll have Mrs Zen on my case again now for, 'me me me-ing'

One day she might dare to get on her very bezy mate Tiggy's case?

Pigs might fly.

Something nice might happen to me on this s*t hole.

People know the hell I've been through of late..and how completely and utterly broken hearted I am to lose kea's friendship. He knows that of course. I can't take much more.

#50 kea

kea

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:09 AM

Effers, this doesn't change anything fundamentally between you and I, and I take the risk of making things worse, but fwiw, here is my view:

1. The CEs can and will address issues of harassment. They've been incredibly busy getting things ironed out for noohootoo and any moderations/transgressions processes have had to take second place to that. Once we are up and running and have had time to settle in, I expect them to be able to look at community issues and focus on them.

2. The Gurus can and will help you transfer your account to noohootoo. They also have been very busy, as have the Techs. You can either email the Gurus at [email protected], or you can email the CEs and ask them what to do about transferring your account. Either way, you will need to allow them some time and space to sort things out. Some transfers take a number of emails back and forth to get the right details and that can take a day or two. The more details you can give them in each email the better, including forwarding the emails or messages you get during the transfer process.

I encourage you try and keep the harassment issues separate from the account transfer issues (the Gurus won't have anything to do with the harassment stuff and discussing that with them may slow down the transfer.

3. I understand how hard it is for you to control your inner processes. I would encourage you to not take this out on the CEs and other volunteers who are trying to help. By all means be angry and frustrated and express that, but when that crosses the line into abusing people or saying mean things about them, you will lose good will.

4. Whatever other researchers are doing with regards to you, it's not the end of the world. You will get back on h2g2, and you have good friends there. It may be hard in the meantime, but please remember you have good things in your life and it's good sometimes to take a step back and do other things for a while eg spend time in your garden, or go out into your RL community and connect there even in light ways.

5. I'd ask that you reread what I have written several times over the next half day, so that you can get the useful information out if it after you've had your reaction to it.

6. Don't Panic <winkeye>

#51 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:13 AM

And that was the second lecture I had today from Mrs Zen. Yeah well Mrs Zen some of us live alone..we don't have husbands. We struggle like hell to get through each day at all.

So take your lectures elsewhere. Plus I've spent weeks here praising people behind the scenes..so don't suggest I'm not thoughtful for the workers here.

Anyway I'm stuck here now. How the hell he's managed to be there for half a day already is beyond me.

Oh well noohootoo is welcome to the likes of him.

Me I just get gradually more bitter and twisted about noohootoo. I hope its a disaster.

#52 Effers

Effers

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

Sim post. It's beyond me being able to read at present. It's that bad. But then most people here simply have no clue of the *reality* of many people's lives.

I'm not really cut out for noohootoo..But then most people I know wouldn't be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users