Photo

We Went, We Saw, He Died; Titter, Titter.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 pal

pal

Bit quiet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:40 PM

Is it just me or is anybody else getting sick of the wild west mentality of some Americans. I thought we was better than that lot of dictators and murdering mob.

Sent a chill up my spine, I can tell you. Would it not have been better to have tried him, to find out a few things like the identity of the police womans killer, the Lockerbie bomber and the rest of it.

Are we never going to find out anything ever again?

#2 hated female

hated female

Getting there

• -Members
  • 168 posts
  • Locationsouth west

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

Is it just me or is anybody else getting sick of the wild west mentality of some Americans. I thought we was better than that lot of dictators and murdering mob.

Sent a chill up my spine, I can tell you. Would it not have been better to have tried him, to find out a few things like the identity of the police womans killer, the Lockerbie bomber and the rest of it.

Are we never going to find out anything ever again?

i agree and to day i have felt sick looking at the news paper of a dead man literally sick the actuall pic n daliy mirror shows him led dead with blood all over him horrible site greated me to say at 6 30 in are local shop
<p>hello every one my names&nbsp;&nbsp;jess i have been on lycos&nbsp;&nbsp;chat 6 years i still like to call it that cos to&nbsp;&nbsp;me its still&nbsp;&nbsp;lycos&nbsp;&nbsp;love u hal pavelxxxxxxx</p>

#3 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts
  • Chat Name:Shadow_X

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

I don't think we are better than dictators or murderes, we force our will on people.

Many countries exsist because of civil wars or revolutions, for example france, russia, czech republic and other countries. Its the people that over throw a government etc, but nowadays its the UN or the US that decide who runs a country, and then just kills people on the basis of liberating the people.

So far not one country that has had any outside involvement is better of, Iraq, Afghanistan the two latest, and they are still no better of.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

Designed to annoy P.Sgt.Levers

#4 pal

pal

Bit quiet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

I didn't vote for any of this; didn't vote for Iraq either, so I want them to just stop it. Cheers.

#5 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

I thought we was better than that lot of dictators and murdering mob.

If he had lived, He would have said "it was nothing to do with me".

In his 42 years in power, I would not surprised that not 1 NTC Fighters did not know of some one personley being killed, torched or locked up for years with out knowing why. I'm not surprised he was exercuted.

Just a thought; Where are all the Gaffiee P.O.W. Camps that should have been liberated, Now the county is free from his grip. There not finding the camps, But they are finding the excuted bodys of the fighters.

Should it not be expected or surprised that he was was treated in the same way as he treated his people over the last 42 years.
Clean cut, no chance of him ever returning to power.

#6 vtance

vtance

Getting there

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Even though he was a tyrant, dictator who deserved control punishment, still i can't understand why would people kill this old man in such a brutal uncivilized way? Where are UN and all those human rights conventions?? -where it's written with black inks on white that captured criminals should be treated more or less in human way...? Of course it was clear enough that he was not in the list of those who can be protected under convention and brought to trials. So to one people those conventions are applied to others not..

#7 Mr. Dreadful

Mr. Dreadful

Makes friends easily

• H2G2
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

I didn't vote for any of this; didn't vote for Iraq either

Well yeah, that's kind of how it works. We vote for the politicians, then they make their own decisions and sometimes they vote amongst themselves (ironically, in the UK, often using AV. Brass studs).

If every policy decision were put to a nationwide vote it'd just be a complete... mess... wait, what point was I trying to make again?

Where are UN and all those human rights conventions??

Not even slightly on the minds of some overexcited armed revolutionaries... if it were UN 'peacekeepers' or other professional soldiers what done it I'd see your point but I suspect the guys involved in this weren't really thinking so much about the legalities or even trained to consider them.

Not saying I agree with what they did, mind you... a man who had surrendered was shot in the head, that's execution whichever way you look at it.
Vila: I'm entitled to my opinion.
Avon: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.
U651852

#8 ringo1970

ringo1970

Fake-Finder

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • Locationgoogle/ yorkshire

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:46 PM

:D17: i say the world is now a better place ,he was killed by his own ppl that he called " rats " so i find it very fitting that they got him. Why put him on trail at the cost of thousands ?? he got no less than he deserved.

Geplaatste afbeelding

#9 Mr. Dreadful

Mr. Dreadful

Makes friends easily

• H2G2
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

Why put him on trail at the cost of thousands ??

Because murdering a murderer makes you no better than he is.

Also this:
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Mahatma Gandhi.
Avon: It is your assumption that we are entitled to it as well that is irritating.
U651852

#10 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Because murdering a murderer makes you no better than he is.

Its the Law of the land that makes a crime even murder.
There is no longer any Laws there they have to written and incorparate. It can be looked at like Murder from the point of view of other people useing the Law of there Country they come from. Was Bin Larden Murdered, should the person that fired the shot be on trial, to see if what he had done was right, Then what Country should that trial be, USA or Pakastan. Depending what Country the trial was then the verdict would be the same, Or would it????.

What realy is Law and whos view point is right.

#11 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

:D17: i say the world is now a better place ,he was killed by his own ppl that he called " rats " so i find it very fitting that they got him. Why put him on trail at the cost of thousands ?? he got no less than he deserved.

No, his people did not rebel.

It was because of America deciding they would fight with a few of his people did he get defeated. A relatively small force won because of the backing of the US, it wasn't a large majority of the country, it wasn't a large majority of his people.

It's a myth to believe its what his people wanted, as history shows, if people do not wish to remain in a dictatorship they don't.

People believe what they hear from western news, maybe they should watch some news channels from around the area, they will see a totally different light. Our news is twisted, it picks up on one thing and makes it into something it is not. The same as we do with anything we are involved in, its not impartial, as the iraq war showed, what we saw on TV and was showed, was actually not what happened, as the investigations afterwards showed.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

#12 Mr. Dreadful

Mr. Dreadful

Makes friends easily

• H2G2
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

Care to provide links to these sources which show there was no uprising, Shadow_X?
U651852

#13 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

Care to provide links to these sources which show there was no uprising, Shadow_X?

Read what I said, I said some people wanted him overthrown and only did that with America deciding to interfere, that is a fact!

As always, people love to twist things when they don't like what has been said, read the context of what I typed, and not randomly pick one bit.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

#14 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

No, his people did not rebel.

It was because of America deciding they would fight with a few of his people did he get defeated. A relatively small force won because of the backing of the US, it wasn't a large majority of the country, it wasn't a large majority of his people.

It's a myth to believe its what his people wanted, as history shows, if people do not wish to remain in a dictatorship they don't.

America had no real intrest in who was in charge of Libia. France was the real pushers of No Fly Zone. Usa did warn that to have a no fly zone that would mean an attact of Libia, there air defences. [Boots on the ground to operate the equipment and comunications to enforce that] Unless there was a real Intrest of the People who live there for that to happon, then It would not have. Air Power can sway the end result, But only people can take and hold ground, It was the Liberian people that did that. A rag tag untrained army of 4*4's with light weapons can not beat a fully trained army if there willing to fight, even with air power against them Very few were willing and changed sides as soon as they could.

#15 Mr. Dreadful

Mr. Dreadful

Makes friends easily

• H2G2
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

Read what I said, I said some people wanted him overthrown and only did that with America deciding to interfere, that is a fact!

As always, people love to twist things when they don't like what has been said, read the context of what I typed, and not randomly pick one bit.

I did read what you said. And then asked you to back it up with facts. What you did was provide further speculation and really it's sounding awfully conspiracy-theory-ish. There was, based on pretty much everything I've seen on the subject, a pretty good uprising going on before other countries got involved (unless, of course, that was secretly formented by outside agencies)

Al-Jazeera (you know, that independant non-Western news source that has no interest in furthering Western interests) seems to think it was a popular uprising.
U651852

#16 vtance

vtance

Getting there

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

He did deserve punishment for all the atrocities he had done. Anyway, the thing is that in most communities if a criminal is given to the mob it will always lynch him. Therefore appeared all those conventions, human rights etc. So where were UN 'peacekeepers' or other professional soldiers who were supposed to do all the operation helping rebellions to dismiss his regime (which implies I guess not just killing or eliminating him and his family, but bringing him to the international Court)? But eventually they don’t work, or work upon some people , but not ones, like Gaddafi who was hunted not only by his own countrymen but by USA, Europe and international organizations.

#17 ringo1970

ringo1970

Fake-Finder

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • Locationgoogle/ yorkshire

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

omg im sorry ..i just say what i see ..and that was a man that murderd 1000,s i bet they begged ,did he listen no, so the age old saying is those that live by the sword die by the sword

Geplaatste afbeelding

#18 pal

pal

Bit quiet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

If he deserved punishment for the atrocities he did; why then is one of his secret service chiefs allowed to roam the world free, who it is claimed killed 1200 prisoners in a mass execution. Why was our country friendly with him and send him people who they must know faced serious loss of rights or death, and what changed?

According to RT, who have found an executioner with an American accent, everything was hunky dory until he threatened to nationalise his oil.

It is all very disturbing since, all the news is biased.

#19 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

It is all very disturbing since, all the news is biased.

Thats because no one liked him, most of his Countymen feared him. You have to talk to people even if you don't like them at work, The work force he worked with were heads of countys.

Thats the way it is in the world.

#20 ITIWBS

ITIWBS

Must try harder

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCoachella Valley, Riverside County, CA USA

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

One can hope that what follows, the regime to come, is better. One would have somewhat more confidence in that if justice were more formal.
A domestic Rose. Next photo up, a landscape.

#21 hated female

hated female

Getting there

• -Members
  • 168 posts
  • Locationsouth west

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

One can hope that what follows, the regime to come, is better. One would have somewhat more confidence in that if justice were more formal.

i have to post here i no ill be cried down for typing this but
i actyullay flet sorry wen i saw a dead man covered in blood slapped on the front of every paper u can imagine thats wiot greated me at are local shop at 7 in the morn i thought personally it was a hoorific sight to see thats my persoal opinion doesnt excuse wot he done to people i no but to also display him in a shop for every one to go n see i cousltn belive i could not belive i saw litite kids qweing up to view this mamd s body i was actually horrified
<p>hello every one my names&nbsp;&nbsp;jess i have been on lycos&nbsp;&nbsp;chat 6 years i still like to call it that cos to&nbsp;&nbsp;me its still&nbsp;&nbsp;lycos&nbsp;&nbsp;love u hal pavelxxxxxxx</p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users