Photo

10 Reasons Why An Ex Should Stay An Ex ....

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Oh.My.Gosh.

Oh.My.Gosh.

We're all mad here!

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

POPULAR

1. His quirks are no longer adorable—they're annoying.
Back then, it was kind of cute that he was incapable of being on time; now it's a major pain in the ass. You used to aww at the way he ate his spaghetti, but these days it just grosses you out. And his love for comic books, while once sweet and boyish, is just further evidence of his immaturity. These things don't get any cuter with time, sister.

2. The fights are the same.
He still thinks you're a nag. You can't stand that he gets so sloppy drunk. He thinks you overreact to every little thing, while you find his aloofness during an argument to be downright cruel. Often couples who are considering a reconciliation focus only on the good times; but what about the many, many times you wanted to kill each other. If you're fighting over the same crap—or the stuff that you fought over are still issues—move on.

3. The physical attraction just isn't there.
To a certain degree, don't we all still kind of love our exes? But that doesn't mean we're still turned on by them. Look, desire changes over the course of a relationship, but if you look at your ex and nothing happens below the belt and you can relate to one or all of the other reasons on this list, go put your cooter to work with someone else.

4. Other options have got your attention.
Sure you still care about your ex. But have you developed crushes on others? Been dating or have an urge to keep dating other people? Don't put your ex through a reunion if you're still sifting through your other options.

5. One of the main issues is insurmountable.
There are some things people can agree to change about them for the sake of a relationship. Couples can work out a compromise so that both parties are satisfied. But there are some issues that cannot be talked through or ignored in perpetuity; he doesn't want kids, you do. You're looking for someone who intellectually challenges you, he's a dumb ass. This ship has sailed, darlin.

7. You're already totally over him.
Emotionally you've moved on. Starting over with him would be like re-watching a movie you've already seen, that you know the ending to, and that you have no real interest in seeing twice. Why? Just because? Did you watch "Battlefield Earth" for a second time, just because? No. No you didn't.

8. You f**ked someone else in the interim.
And it was better. Don't lie. It was, wasn't it?

9. Your friends and family hate him.
Post breakup, you talked mad s**t about the horrible things he did, and as a result, no one would respect you for taking him back. This is a two part lesson: if there's a chance that things are not over for good, be mindful of what dirty laundry you air to your loved ones. You can forgive and forget, but maybe they can't.

10. Because getting back together is always a bad idea.
Well, 99 percent of the time is it. These are real statistics, people. Don't get at me for speaking the truth using hard facts.

#2 SilentWolf

SilentWolf

Resident Oracle

• Members
  • 1283 posts
  • Chat Name:SilentWolf
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

7 Reasons to get back with an Ex
  • 1. If you realize that the blame to end your relationship lies with you, and also you repent for it. Then do not hesitate to seek forgiveness and be honest to own up to your mistakes with your ex partner
  • 2. If the reason and blame lies with your ex partner, and he/she is expressing remorse. Then go ahead and forgive them, but make sure that your ex partner is serious about making your relationship work.
  • 3. If the reason for the breaks up is your attitude/ behavior and is willing to make amends. Then make sure that your ex partner knows of your intentions.
  • 4. Both of you realize the mistakes you have made and are willing to do, what it takes to make the relationship work. You could start by being honest with each other.
  • 5. Both of you miss each other's company, and realize the importance of each other in your respective lives.
  • 6. If you analyze the problem deeply then you would realize that some part of the blame would defiantly lie with you. As the saying goes -"you need two people to tango" so also a relationship to break requires two people to be at fault.
  • 7. Both of you still care and realty loves each other, as it is not easy to forget true love.

#3 Oh.My.Gosh.

Oh.My.Gosh.

We're all mad here!

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

touché Mr.Bessell.
However i'll stick to 10 reasons over-riding those 7.
haha.

#4 SilentWolf

SilentWolf

Resident Oracle

• Members
  • 1283 posts
  • Chat Name:SilentWolf
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

touché Mr.Bessell.
However i'll stick to 10 reasons over-riding those 7.
haha.

Maybe but the 7 are valid points and most can sort things out from at least 1 of those :D

#5 c_vitamin_88

c_vitamin_88

Top of the class

• Members
  • 1486 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

There is always a reason why you broke up in the first place ;)

c_vitamin_88 was here...        

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Lea2975

Lea2975

linguist extraordinaire

• Members
  • 2884 posts
  • Chat Name:Lea2975
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

That depends, me and one of my ex's broke up purely because I was doing a year abroad and it wasn't fair for us both to be apart yet together

You can make mistakes in life but it is how you deal with them that makes you a better person or a worse person.

#7 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts
  • Chat Name:Shadow_X

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

There is a reason someone is an ex.

If that reason is because of either side, then there is no going back. If the reason is because of a situation neither person really had control over, there is a possibility.

Love doesn't change the reasons it didn't work in the first place.

By going back, you are taking a chance, but sometimes that chance is not worth the risk of heartbreak again.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

Designed to annoy P.Sgt.Levers

#8 GodfatherUK

GodfatherUK

Makes friends easily

• Forum Moderator
  • 562 posts
  • Chat Name:GodfatherUK
  • LocationMidlands, UK

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I remember getting back with an ex years back... wasnt long before she became an ex again. if it doesnt work first time, its doubtful to work second time round

Posted Image

Forum Moderator (Noesis UK)

Chat Navigator (Lycos UK)

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.."

#9 Lea2975

Lea2975

linguist extraordinaire

• Members
  • 2884 posts
  • Chat Name:Lea2975
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

I agree completely with what shadow said - if its because of either person it wouldn't work as the reason is still there. If its circumstance there's a possibility it could be rekindled :)

You can make mistakes in life but it is how you deal with them that makes you a better person or a worse person.

#10 xXPoohXx

xXPoohXx

Teachers pet

• Forum Admin
  • 2978 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

yup.. an ex is an ex for a reason, we should learn from our mistakes - not repeat them :p

Posted Image
Noesis Forum Admin - Staff
Chat Navigator (Noesis UK)
Email me

#11 c_vitamin_88

c_vitamin_88

Top of the class

• Members
  • 1486 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

I have always heard: Learn from your mistakes!

And then you see people doing the mistake over and over again - going back to your ex is one of them Ø.ø

c_vitamin_88 was here...        

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Foxglove911

Foxglove911

Getting there

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Chat Name:Foxglove911

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

I like that list, and laughed at the truth of her #8
The above post may contain comments of humour, sarcasm or personal opinion, These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the reader or their affiliates.
Reader discretion is advised.

#13 bouncey_bouncey

bouncey_bouncey

Makes friends easily

• Chat Navigator
  • 565 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

well as people have said and ex is an ex for a reason and outta my ex's i probs speak to 3 of them rofl none of the rest

bouncey3rdtag_zps264b7837.gif

bounceybouncey.png

Bouncey_One.png

#14 c_vitamin_88

c_vitamin_88

Top of the class

• Members
  • 1486 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

My ex wanted to get back together for months, until it realized it will never happened...
Now we dont talk to eachother at all, i have been ignored on everything possible 8-)

c_vitamin_88 was here...        

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Undisclosed.Desires

Undisclosed.Desires

Settled in

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

I have taken an EX back before ...... Infact i would do it again aslong as that person has CHANGED. I believe everyone deserves chances if the person has changed then great maybe fireworks could happen again ... if they have not changed then don't even bother thinking about them at all :)

#16 Oh.My.Gosh.

Oh.My.Gosh.

We're all mad here!

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

No matter what the reason that two people broke up in the first place is always going to be there, some things are not easily forgotten, if they broke up on a bad note then its always going to be in the back of the persons mind, Yes you can forgive but some things are too hurtful to forget! :)

#17 Undisclosed.Desires

Undisclosed.Desires

Settled in

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

trouble is i am a strong person and i forgive people .... its the type of person i am ..... people deserve chances. if the other person ain't bothered about the person in the first place well they ain't worth it then ;p

#18 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'm still friendly with every single one of my ex's. I've never had a bad break up, I'm the most relaxed person I know really, so its hard for it ever to be bad.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

#19 Undisclosed.Desires

Undisclosed.Desires

Settled in

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

you are relaxed felix ... and that's a good thing ... i learn't to relax a while back ;p

#20 Oh.My.Gosh.

Oh.My.Gosh.

We're all mad here!

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:15 PM

Just because someone doesn't want and refuses to go through the same crap as before over and over and over ( x 10) again does not mean that person is not bothered about the other, It just means they respect themselves and know that they deserve better.... Letting go and moving on means that you are a strong person also.... but again this does not mean they arent bothered about the other.

Also i can forgive people, i just dont forget.... and frankly dont wish to forget as it means i wont make the same mistake again.

#21 Undisclosed.Desires

Undisclosed.Desires

Settled in

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

People never forget things. People move on and some people don't depending on the situation and if they want to try and make up for things so it don't end on a bad note like it could of done or has. ;p

I suppose i am too forgiving xD

#22 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Infact i would do it again aslong as that person has CHANGED.

If some one has to change, Then would it be the same person. An act can only last so long.

#23 Oh.My.Gosh.

Oh.My.Gosh.

We're all mad here!

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

I agree. Also you shouldn't have to change yourself, You are who you are, and that's who you will always be.

#24 Undisclosed.Desires

Undisclosed.Desires

Settled in

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Then sum people give up ....suppose some people have no choice but too as they are forced too. :(

#25 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

You can push and push and push and push to get back, all that does is push the other person further away and you get more hurt.

It's not about giving up, its about knowing how to keep what you had alive in your heart. Not make the other person bitter and disliking you.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

#26 Oh.My.Gosh.

Oh.My.Gosh.

We're all mad here!

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

I agree with Shadow_X ( as i usually do) ... you cant pester someone to want you back, it will just make someone dislike you and want nothing to do with you... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users