2 replies to this topic

#1 ringo1970

ringo1970

Fake-Finder

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • Locationgoogle/ yorkshire

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

Ok ive stopped paying for my pop up blocker .... and im shocked ! before i log in i get 6 ....... im in and get a screen flood of them, i guess this is why new chatters get 7 days grace from them as , if they didnt they would log out .As ive said before i get chat needs to make money , but come on 6 before im even logged in ? it even knocks my IE out . 

Posted Image

#2 P.Sgt.Levers

P.Sgt.Levers

Makes friends easily

• Forum Admin
  • 611 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

This is not intentional and appears to be a bug, it's being looked in to.

Chatters don't get 7 days grace from them, all chatters get adverts unless they've purchased ad free. New chatters just get a short Sapphire package.

Posted Image
P.Sgt.Levers / Tom

Chat Helmsman (Lycos Chat UK)
Bug Coordinator (Lycos Chat's EU)
Forum Administrator (Noesis Forum UK)

Email Me

Want to do easy online work for free gadgets? iPhones, iPads, computers, consoles... Check it out here...

#3 GodfatherUK

GodfatherUK

Makes friends easily

• Forum Moderator
  • 562 posts
  • Chat Name:GodfatherUK
  • LocationMidlands, UK

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

The biggest problem these days is companies still try and use the pop-up ads on their systems. There are too many tools out on the market now to prevent pop-ups from disrupting their experience on websites.

I for one would never disable my pop-up blocking on any site (although I did enable all other ads on Noesis/Lycos products).

I can assist the Chat enough by simply allowing the in-line adverts that it has.

The even bigger problem is when companies use 3rd party advertising companies on their site to bring in income. It then becomes a case of trying to fine tune things with that 3rd party if an issue arises. In the past 12 months, the Chat has been barraged with complaints about issues with adverts that arent actually under their control directly.

I think its fair to say though that the team have always responded quickly to try and fix such issues.. :)

Geplaatste afbeelding

Forum Moderator (Noesis UK)

Chat Navigator (Lycos UK)

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users