#1 randomlyrandom23

randomlyrandom23

Teachers pet

• Forum Moderator
  • 2008 posts
  • LocationWorkington, Cumbria

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

POPULAR

Ok so I'm not going to bore you all by putting up a 1000 word news article, we all know that horse meat has been found in some foods.

My question to people as a whole is 'what is the big deal?'

Who decided that it's perfectly acceptable to slaughter and devour a cow, a pig, a lamb, but not a horse or a dog. Looking at it objectively lol, I would never eat my doggy, he's far too cute. 

Horses are cute, yeah but cows are too! In my opinion. 

We aren't the top of the food chain for no reason and studies have shown that there is no more harm in eating horse meat as cow meat. So again. What's the big deal?

The only thing I can think of that might make things better is if they put it on the packet that we're eating horse meat lol, I mean we all do like to know what we're eating right? :D

randomlyrandom23 / Erica

Email me

#2 darrrling

darrrling

First Day

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Chat Name:darrrling

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

hey =)

well said....like it must taste alright.?  We never ate horse before because they were our form of transport.  But other parts of Europe/ the world have been eating horse for donkeys? 

#3 ArcAngel2uk2005

ArcAngel2uk2005

Fidget

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

But other parts of Europe/ the world have been eating horse for donkeys?

we've been eating horse for Beef LOL

Posted Image

Arc The Herald Angel Sings......

#4 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts
  • Chat Name:Shadow_X

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

I've had horse before, didn't like it, it was too sweet.

However I don't see it as a big deal being in food, the issue is the lack of labelling, if something says beef lasagne or beef burger, that is what you are buying.

If it says lasagne or burger then who cares, they are not lying and saying its a beef lasagne or a beef burger.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

Designed to annoy P.Sgt.Levers

#5 babyhellllfire

babyhellllfire

Getting there

• -Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

I've had horse before, didn't like it, it was too sweet.

However I don't see it as a big deal being in food, the issue is the lack of labelling, if something says beef lasagne or beef burger, that is what you are buying.

If it says lasagne or burger then who cares, they are not lying and saying its a beef lasagne or a beef burger.

the  big deal shadow  x is this  wen some one goes  to by a    macdonalds they expect it to be pure beef  not horse  we have a right to   no wot  we are buying and wot we are eating so basically u are saying here itsno big deal  its like saying    u have bought a bottle of   thatchers autum gold ciderand its contained  urine   or    take a can of   heize baked  beans  that u think are in tomato sauce wen infact  ther in  sauce made chopped horse blood       we have to have      wot we eat in order  or    failing that   we    wud be eating all kinds of carbage i for one am  fussy  like ive said in my posts beffore   i only eat the best      food going

#6 randomlyrandom23

randomlyrandom23

Teachers pet

• Forum Moderator
  • 2008 posts
  • LocationWorkington, Cumbria

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:39 PM

babyhellfire, can I just point out that if you re-read what shadowx has said, you will notice that he stated that the big deal IS the labelling on the product not being the product itself. Your argument has no valid point because you are agreeing with what he has already said. :) But thanks for your opinion.

randomlyrandom23 / Erica

Email me

#7 ringo1970

ringo1970

Fake-Finder

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • Locationgoogle/ yorkshire

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

the only problen ive got with the whole  horse thing is .. its being miss sold , ive eaten  horse before ..and it was nice , but i did choose to do so .buy  cheap burgers ect ect ..what do you think are in them ?? prime rump ?

Posted Image

#8 bouncey_bouncey

bouncey_bouncey

Makes friends easily

• Chat Navigator
  • 565 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

The problem is that Phenylbutazone which is also known as Bute cant not enter the human food chain.. Its an anti - inflammatory and when a horse has been prescribed bute by the vets they have to put a marker in the horses passport to state that the horse cannot enter the human food chain because its had bute.. Yet from what i've read on skynews that there has been some horse carcasses in this that has tested positive for Bute. 

So its down to people not doing their jobs properly by not checking passports and what not. Also I wouldn't want to eat one of my pets.. See it this way would you eat your own dog? 

When you buy food that says Beef or Lamb you expect them not something else.. This is why im glad i buy from a local butcher who i know very well.. Not that i dont eat anything except Poultry.

bouncey3rdtag_zps264b7837.gif

bounceybouncey.png

Bouncey_One.png

#9 babyhellllfire

babyhellllfire

Getting there

• -Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

The problem is that Phenylbutazone which is also known as Bute cant not enter the human food chain.. Its an anti - inflammatory and when a horse has been prescribed bute by the vets they have to put a marker in the horses passport to state that the horse cannot enter the human food chain because its had bute.. Yet from what i've read on skynews that there has been some horse carcasses in this that has tested positive for Bute. 

So its down to people not doing their jobs properly by not checking passports and what not. Also I wouldn't want to eat one of my pets.. See it this way would you eat your own dog? 

When you buy food that says Beef or Lamb you expect them not something else.. This is why im glad i buy from a local butcher who i know very well.. Not that i dont eat anything except Poultry.

just cos u no your butcher doesnt mean to say hes not going to sale horsemeat

#10 ringo1970

ringo1970

Fake-Finder

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • Locationgoogle/ yorkshire

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

" cough " ............ bull  ( sorry i liked the pun ) :) 

Posted Image

#11 bouncey_bouncey

bouncey_bouncey

Makes friends easily

• Chat Navigator
  • 565 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

just cos u no your butcher doesnt mean to say hes not going to sale horsemeat

1 its a she and 2 i do know where she gets her meat from. I know for a fact it isnt horse meat because ive seen the cattle and pigs that they breed just for slaughter for the food chain.. I only know this because i used to 1 work for her and 2 used to look after Tilly which was her pony. So unless you know full facts like you dont then your opinions dont count.

Also read my last line " I dont eat anything except poultry " You cant get horse meat in Poultry anyways. 

bouncey3rdtag_zps264b7837.gif

bounceybouncey.png

Bouncey_One.png

#12 HKL1024

HKL1024

My Jess is 'n baie beminlike vriendin

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationLancs

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

I had a horsemeat sausage one time and it was very nice :) 

HKL1024 en hated female het nog steeds'n baie mooi liefde.
HKL1024 and Jess still have a very nice love.

#13 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

The only problem I see in it, Is Horsemeat is cheaper than Beef,  But 4 Burgers for £1 Can you realy expect any Beef in it.???

But other parts of Europe/ the world have been eating horse for donkeys?

Donkey Kabab......Would you have Horse or Beef Raddish with that :D5:

#14 yarickpa

yarickpa

First Day

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Chat Name:Out of the Blue
  • LocationРебриха

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

What I dont understand about meat eaters is, that you say you eat and enjoy meat and wouldnt stop eating it, but, as soon as horse meat, cat/dog meat is mentioned your looking for the nearest sick bucket.....just seems a little hypocritical to me. Can you explain??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users