33 replies to this topic

#27 randomlyrandom23

randomlyrandom23

Teachers pet

• Forum Moderator
  • 2008 posts
  • LocationWorkington, Cumbria

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

This thread is to offer condolences to Maggie Thatcher. Any further off topic posts will be deleted. Lets stick to the topic please guys. :) thanks

randomlyrandom23 / Erica

Email me

#28 xXPoohXx

xXPoohXx

Teachers pet

• Forum Admin
  • 2978 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:32 AM

The thing with politics is you're always going to have people that have completely different opinions to others.. that's how it works.

Margaret Thatcher hasnt been active in politics for a number of years now, so that is irrelevant in most conversations these days (unless we are talking about history in which case of course it's relevant lol)

When she died she was a mother and grandmother, same as any other female in this country.. and for this alone she deserves everyone's respect if nothing else.

Posted Image
Noesis Forum Admin - Staff
Chat Navigator (Noesis UK)
Email me

#29 babyhellllfire

babyhellllfire

Getting there

• -Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

:S3: The thing with politics is you're always going to have people that have completely different opinions to others.. that's how it works.

Margaret Thatcher hasnt been active in politics for a number of years now, so that is irrelevant in most conversations these days (unless we are talking about history in which case of course it's relevant lol)

When she died she was a mother and grandmother, same as any other female in this country.. and for this alone she deserves everyone's respect if nothing else.

POOH   sorry to  type this  but  half  of britain    showedno respect  no one  cared less   if she was afemale or a mother or  grandmother  that  does not   come in  to  it im afraid     you  can not make  people  show respect lke my self   most  my family made  stand we   wasnt    going to   watch  any  television   onthe day of her funeral pls  no of my family  nd   all my firends evn bothered o buy a  paper    or the whole  week as we  wasnt  inrtested  in    any thing about her  no w   loads of people  felt   the same    so u cant  make  peopleshow   any respect  for her if they  didnt  wan t  too and i think personally u only  had to see   wot   most peopl felt towards her and that  was   sorryt say   it   SHE  DIVIDED ANATION    HALF   AND HALF  HALF   OF  BRITAIN   HATED HER   END OFF :S3:

#30 flash_blade

flash_blade

Fidget

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:20 AM

POOH   sorry to  type this  but  half  of britain    showedno respect  no one  cared less   if she was afemale or a mother or  grandmother  that  does not   come in  to  it im afraid     you  can not make  people  show respect lke my self   most  my family made  stand we   wasnt    going to   watch  any  television   onthe day of her funeral pls  no of my family  nd   all my firends evn bothered o buy a  paper    or the whole  week as we  wasnt  inrtested  in    any thing about her  no w   loads of people  felt   the same    so u cant  make  peopleshow   any respect  for her if they  didnt  wan t  too and i think personally u only  had to see   wot   most peopl felt towards her and that  was   sorryt say   it   SHE  DIVIDED ANATION    HALF   AND HALF  HALF   OF  BRITAIN   HATED HER   END OFF :S3:

You obviously didnt read between the lines very well.

I dont think pooh was ordering you and everyone else on this forum to stand on the roof tops and sing respect to her, but more of a case of, if all you have to say about her is malice and hatred, then rather keep it to yourself.

Yes we know that many people in this country made a celebration out of her death, many of them were just mindless idiotic bandwagon jumpers tho, especially when you were seeing teenagers on the tv at these celebration parties.   I mean lets do the maths here......2013 take away 1990 (the year she resigned) equals 23.    So all those younger than 23 wernt even born when she lived in 10 downing street, so how were their lives in any way shape or form effected by her decision making?.

And yes politics is not something everyone will agree on.   Obviously the miners were angry when their professions were taken away from them, but if margeret thatcher gave in to the unions demands and gave them all pay rises, where would the money of come from (i didnt even know the coal mines of the 80s were public sector until last year) oh yeah, out of the inland revenue which means taxes would of had to of gone up or cuts made elsewhere would of had to of been done, and that would of been a detriment on other citizens on england.   So i see it as she was caught between a rock and a hard place and chose the lesser of two evils.

#31 xXPoohXx

xXPoohXx

Teachers pet

• Forum Admin
  • 2978 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

She did the best she could in the circumstances I guess.. no one is perfect and sure she made mistakes too..

but I do believe that what she did was in the best interests of this country.

(and i've never voted conservative in my life hehehehehe)

Thank you though flash_blade... you were spot on :)

Posted Image
Email me

#32 HKL1024

HKL1024

My Jess is 'n baie beminlike vriendin

• Members
  • 631 posts
  • LocationLancs

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:35 AM

babyhellfire, please learn to write properly, it's extremely painful reading your responses. Quite frankly I find you utterly disrespectful. An elderly lady has just died after numerous health problems, she hasn't even been buried yet and has surviving family who are currently grieving. Your attitude is simply disgusting, whether you agreed or not with her policies, she was the first ever female prime minister, which is a fantastic achievement. 

there are many more people who made even more fantastic achievements, and not many people are actually talking about it at all :) 

Some people are getting even extreme abuse just because they are little different from others, and because they have some fantastic special skills :) 

HKL1024 en hated female het nog steeds'n baie mooi liefde.
HKL1024 and Jess still have a very nice love.

#33 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts
  • Chat Name:Shadow_X

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

This isn't about other people, its about the countrys very first female prime minister, that defended this country against everyone.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

Designed to annoy P.Sgt.Levers

#34 xXPoohXx

xXPoohXx

Teachers pet

• Forum Admin
  • 2978 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

This isn't about other people, its about the countrys very first female prime minister, that defended this country against everyone.

Here here.

One thing Maggie could have done that would have benefited us all.... made illiterate people stay in school/college until they had basic english mastered.

Posted Image
Email me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users