amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

POPULAR

Narrow Swindon alleyway painted with double yellow lines

Tiny alleyway gets double yellow lines

Double yellow lines have been painted in an alleyway that is too narrow to drive down.

Lines have been painted on both sides of the passageway, off Newhall Street in Swindon, leaving a gap of just 13in (33cm).

Nathalie Fisher, a local resident, said it was a "bit of a mystery" as "you couldn't even fit a motorbike down it."

Swindon Borough Council said the authority will be "taking it up" with their contractors.

'Forgot car size'

Ms Fisher, who lives on Newhall Street, said it had been "good that the council came around to clean all of the back alleyways up".

She added: "But to find out the only reason was to double yellow everything they could physically see was a bit of a mystery."

The council said local residents had asked the authority to "deal with illegal parking in alleyways".

A spokesman said: "It seems that our contractors forgot just how big cars actually are when they painted this one.

"We will be taking it up with them."

I Think It's just the Norm for any Councel.

#2 babyhellllfire

babyhellllfire

Getting there

• -Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

wot  gets me is  disabled inconsiderate    mostly MEN   might  i add parking on damm yellow lines now ae hospital  down the road from me has got yellow lines  allaround the   grouds now   thease yellow  lines are permannetly taken up by damm blue badge holders  now  the other day i was driving threw ae villaige    to find    2  damm cars  both parked      opisit both     now a double decker     bus     got  stuck  not to mension a fire engine or a dammm  ambulance i think    yellow lines    are a damm menaace     in this country  cos thease  damm blue  badge holders   take advantage to apark  were  ever they feel like it mostly on parked yellow lines im realy angry about yllow lines i wouldnt think twice  about   arguing  with  inconciderate     mn parkng    cos its ll  men ive seen  prking on yellow  line  lets hurry up and do somthing about      yellowlines get  rid ofthe whold damm lotof them or failing  that tajke the  damm blue  badges of  so called  diabled drivers  that  cant   put one foot in front of the  other

#3 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

wot  gets me is  disabled inconsiderate    mostly MEN   might  i add parking on damm yellow lines now ae hospital  down the road from me has got yellow lines  allaround the   grouds now   thease yellow  lines are permannetly taken up by damm blue badge holders  now  the other day i was driving threw ae villaige    to find    2  damm cars  both parked      opisit both     now a double decker     bus     got  stuck  not to mension a fire engine or a dammm  ambulance i think    yellow lines    are a damm menaace     in this country  cos thease  damm blue  badge holders   take advantage to apark  were  ever they feel like it mostly on parked yellow lines im realy angry about yllow lines i wouldnt think twice  about   arguing  with  inconciderate     mn parkng    cos its ll  men ive seen  prking on yellow  line  lets hurry up and do somthing about      yellowlines get  rid ofthe whold damm lotof them or failing  that tajke the  damm blue  badges of  so called  diabled drivers  that  cant   put one foot in front of the  other

They can park on almost all Double Yellow Lines, Only if the badge holder is the one getting out of the car.  There are some places they cant park, that will be on the signpost, if there not Excempt.

#4 babyhellllfire

babyhellllfire

Getting there

• -Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

NOW  to day low n behold  wot happens i    was going past are local hospital      to find a elderly   man and his wife parking on  yellow lines now the road is very narrow  and     i cud see   some onsaying  something to him now he parked this car on thease yellow ines so him n the wife  didnt have to walk  very far  wen i got up by the car  i saw the blue badge   now    on this blue badge   ther clock that they can set   he had set it   for   later than he had parked  talke  about being crafty  not only had he parked the car  rightout in damm road  nothuing cud get pass   te damm badge   time on that was   say  9 15  nd he set it   to  9  20  now ive took isregistraion  no  and i will be  contacting are   police about it  so not only  do they allpark were theyfeel like it on yelow lines with no consideration for any other poor begga  ther now abusing the  damm blue badge card  :D5:

#5 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts
  • Chat Name:Shadow_X

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

it was only 5 mins, sometimes people don't always have the same time, I know lots of people that have clocks or watches that are a few mins out.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

Designed to annoy P.Sgt.Levers

#6 yarickpa

yarickpa

First Day

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Chat Name:Out of the Blue
  • LocationРебриха

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

My google streetview shows Knoll road as having 2 signs?? Logically if you think about it why would they have 30 minute free bays if the yellow lines were unrestricted?

#7 ThomasTedsmall

ThomasTedsmall

First Day

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Chat Name:Bugle Billy
  • LocationOrange Walk

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

Since the council describe these as double yellow lines in their reply, there would be no need for any signs. Assuming that it correct, and they were not single yellows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users