SilentWolf

Resident Oracle

• Members
  • 1283 posts
  • Chat Name:SilentWolf
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

POPULAR

Well it looks as though my insurance company have removed me from the "risk" category over the last 12 months the price of my insurance as drop by half About time lol I was paying a month probably what you guys pay for the year And I probably still am at just short of £98 a month now which is better than paying £177 a month

#2 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts
  • Chat Name:Shadow_X

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Insurance is a rip off, pay as you go insurance is the future!

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

Designed to annoy P.Sgt.Levers

#3 SilentWolf

SilentWolf

Resident Oracle

• Members
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

Insurance is a rip off, pay as you go insurance is the future!

Pay as you go Insurance ?

How would that work ?

Even if that was an option i could see it being just as excessive if not more 

#4 babyhellllfire

babyhellllfire

Getting there

• -Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

How would that work ?

it wouldnt   and i agree  that  men shud b charged  more insurance than us females     and i think people with   4 wheel drives   shud   be charged alot of money and small er  cars  shouldnt never mind a bout age  as wel i tink the   bigger the  car the more money they shud pay   and all youngsters   shud be mayed   pay before they  get behind the wheel  a  price of a thousand  pound    thats before they even  begin to drive  dad or mums car

#5 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

Must try harder

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Chat Name:Equilibrium
  • LocationCambridgeshire

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

WOMEN are officially worse drivers than men, figures yesterday revealed.   A Driving Standards Agency study into reasons given by examiners for failing learners showed women clocked up 857,000 major errors last year. Men made 646,000.

The findings also showed women are most likely to fail for bungled reverse parking, steering mistakes and botched gear changes. But the findings confirmed men are boy racers.

They often fail for going too fast, ignoring lights or missing signs.

The most common reason for failing an L-test for both sexes was not spotting a hazard at a road junction. It topped the list, followed by failing to check mirrors.

Women need praise from men to help them become better drivers, experts said last night.

Psychologist Dr Zachary Estes said: “Our research suggests that by making a woman feel better about herself she’ll become better at spatial tasks such as parking the car or reading a map.”

Recent research into 19,000 drivers showed that women were up to a fifth safer than men once they passed their tests

We will say no more  ;P 

#6 SilentWolf

SilentWolf

Resident Oracle

• Members
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

WOMEN are officially worse drivers than men, figures yesterday revealed.   A Driving Standards Agency study into reasons given by examiners for failing learners showed women clocked up 857,000 major errors last year. Men made 646,000.

The findings also showed women are most likely to fail for bungled reverse parking, steering mistakes and botched gear changes. But the findings confirmed men are boy racers.

They often fail for going too fast, ignoring lights or missing signs.

The most common reason for failing an L-test for both sexes was not spotting a hazard at a road junction. It topped the list, followed by failing to check mirrors.

Women need praise from men to help them become better drivers, experts said last night.

Psychologist Dr Zachary Estes said: “Our research suggests that by making a woman feel better about herself she’ll become better at spatial tasks such as parking the car or reading a map.”

Recent research into 19,000 drivers showed that women were up to a fifth safer than men once they passed their tests

We will say no more  ;P 

Goes without saying really ha ;P

Ive seen some awful driving and parking from both sexes but nothing as hiliarious as watching a woman reverse into a parking space

Anyways as \Colin said "Say no more" before i dig a huge hole :p

#7 bouncey_bouncey

bouncey_bouncey

Makes friends easily

• Chat Navigator
  • 565 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Try insuring a car in bradford... My mate has 7 years no claims and its still a grand a year because the area is a high risk  :S

bouncey3rdtag_zps264b7837.gif

bounceybouncey.png

Bouncey_One.png

#8 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

How would that work ?

Most major providers already offer it.

Telematics insurance policies offer a personalised price for car insurance based on when and how YOU drive instead of paying for insurance based on the average driver. These policies are also known as black box or smart box insurance. If you’re willing to prove that you’re a safe driver you could pay less for your cover with a telematics car insurance policy.

If you drive long distances all the time, then it doesn't really work, unless you are a young driver.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

#9 wills

wills

Must try harder

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:51 AM

The cost of running a car is absolutely obscene, and primarily the reason I don't, and never would in this country.

#10 x_nemo_x

x_nemo_x

First Day

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Chat Name:x_Nemo_x
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

In this Country the Price has gone way over the top. Running a car now is hitting family's with cars. The prices of things should go down but instead they continue to go higher and will go higher again and again. Other Country's running a car is seriously Cheap though.

rsz_1darklink_900_zpse85e11e0-1_zps37fb9

#11 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

I don't have a car, I don't need a car, it makes people lazy!

My friend got car insurance recently, the price was ridiculous.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

#12 bouncey_bouncey

bouncey_bouncey

Makes friends easily

• Chat Navigator
  • 565 posts
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

I dont get why they dont do what they do in the states.. They insure the car not the driver. Which then might drop the insurance down for most people. But then again the states is always cheaper to do things than over here.

bouncey3rdtag_zps264b7837.gif

bounceybouncey.png

Bouncey_One.png

#13 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

Well it looks as though my insurance company have removed me from the "risk" category over the last 12 months the price of my insurance as drop by half About time lol I was paying a month probably what you guys pay for the year And I probably still am at just short of £98 a month now which is better than paying £177 a month

If you got a Job or Changed your Job,  Then that can make a difference.

Car Insurance is more expencive for the Unemployed or Office Workers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users