7 replies to this topic

#1 scottishcutie

scottishcutie

Bit quiet

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Chat Name:scottishcutie

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:51 PM

i would just to know if anyone has the same as view as me they should reduce 40s rooms to say 30 people as it is far to busy and you cannot see what is being said as there is far to many chatters in the room and the room freezes and takes ages to catch up 

#2 SilentWolf

SilentWolf

Resident Oracle

• Members
  • 1283 posts
  • Chat Name:SilentWolf
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

i would just to know if anyone has the same as view as me they should reduce 40s rooms to say 30 people as it is far to busy and you cannot see what is being said as there is far to many chatters in the room and the room freezes and takes ages to catch up 

At times it is a little hard to keep up with all the goings on in the room but rather than 30 maybe better to reduce to like 50 if this was to happen

Maybe an idea to reduce the room limits of all rooms to 50 with the exception of Embarkation hopefully then this would increase activity in other rooms 

#3 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts
  • Chat Name:Shadow_X

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

Decreasing room limits doesn't work.  All that does is make people log off, they try to get into a room to chat with their friends, cant get in, they hang around in other rooms for a few mins, try the room again, if they can't get in they log off.

That will not make other rooms busier, it will just make chat less busy.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

Designed to annoy P.Sgt.Levers

#4 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Limiting a popular room will make people log off and join another chat site.

By the numbers that now come onto chat year on year, It looks like a lot have already.

#5 scottishcutie

scottishcutie

Bit quiet

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

i am seeing more and more people in this 40s room i get each person is keen chatting etc i just fee if someone was to bring into play a room cap say 50 or so people then i feel the chat would flow easier and also it would be a nice enviroment also given other rooms a chance to fill up and maybe make the site better and attract more people 

Edited by GodfatherUK, 20 February 2014 - 11:53 AM.
Merged into exiting post on this topic

#6 scottishcutie

scottishcutie

Bit quiet

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

i do agree but do you not feel when you have such a high presence it is rather off putting to people who wanna chat and they cannot chat as per they have so much text flooding there screens and causing an uneasy feeling as they have to change room as they cannot think straight

#7 SilentWolf

SilentWolf

Resident Oracle

• Members
  • 1283 posts
  • Chat Name:SilentWolf
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

I also fetched this suggestion up a while ago but was declined as people wouldnt be able to get in to the room they want and simply log off 

#8 Galinamop

Galinamop

First Day

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Chat Name:Solentblast

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:35 AM

It is easier to do forums, then chat rooms Although not that effective. Cause Blogs..People have to go to them... and forum you just post what you want and people actually see it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users