116 replies to this topic

#53 amber leaf

amber leaf

Makes friends easily

• Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:37 AM

Oh really????

As im starting to loose count now of the amount of posts you have made lately on here, where moderators have edited them and put "No need to insult other users" as the reason for the edit, but not one, not one of my posts has been edited so far for that reason.

Counting posts!!!!!

Now theres a good reason to be Iggied :G12: :lol:

Edited by amber leaf, 23 July 2011 - 05:42 AM.

#54 hated female

hated female

Getting there

• -Members
  • 168 posts
  • Locationsouth west

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:57 AM

i rem way back wen i had the name pollypockett66 and used to always chat in the 30s room untill one day a nother chatter called pollyinyerpockett sighned in i had to put her on iggie straight away cos alot of chatters thought i was her and i wasnt i found a few on chat with simliar names who had the same problem thats why in the end i alnded up having to change my chat name to somthing no one similar had it got in the end i think i had about 60 chatters on igggie also i iggied loads wen they started calling me hun n babe that realy anoyed me how are u babe how are u hun wot i found anoying was wen chatters put me on ignore alot would take me off it to see wot i was saying becomming paranoid about me i think personally wen a chatter usses ignore that butoon then shud be ignore n not aloowed or some way not allowed to be able to lift that ignore off

Edited by xXPoohXx, 23 July 2011 - 11:59 AM.
Quote removed - your reply had nothing to do with the quote.

<p>hello every one my names&nbsp;&nbsp;jess i have been on lycos&nbsp;&nbsp;chat 6 years i still like to call it that cos to&nbsp;&nbsp;me its still&nbsp;&nbsp;lycos&nbsp;&nbsp;love u hal pavelxxxxxxx</p>

#55 skyrider

skyrider

Getting there

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

Counting posts!!!!!

Now theres a good reason to be Iggied :G12: :lol:

It was a figure of speach :/

I didnt actually take the trouble at anytime to keep actual tabs on how many times moderators have edited her posts for the reason "No need to insult other chatters", but at glance its very apparent that its happening rather often. And i wont loose any sleep over it if you did iggy me for that ;-)

I dont think its in the terms and conditions on chat or on any rule book that navigators have to have social chat with all chatters, they have the same freedom for that that non navigators do. Cause and effect...........if you make an irritating nuisence of yourself, dont expect people to wanna chat to you, simple as.

#56 Ice_cold_princess

Ice_cold_princess

Bit quiet

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOn deck

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

Okay... dumb question time here... Hated female, why iggy someone for calling you hunni??? I have done that myself right from the day I joined chat and it's something I'll do until the day I leave chat. I choose to do it simply because there are times when it's easier than trying to read the first three (or more) letters of someone's user name so I can tab it in. Fair enough, take offence if it's just aimed at the opposite sex but when both sexes are referred to in the same way, I fail to see how it could be offensive.

I also dislike the idea where once a member is iggied, then you cannot remove this member from your iggy list... I believe that everyone is capable of change and deserves another chance and as such I wouldn't like the option of being unable to remove such user from my iggy list when the reason they are there could well be simply that they were annoying me that particular night.

#57 randomlyrandom23

randomlyrandom23

Teachers pet

• Forum Moderator
  • 2008 posts
  • LocationWorkington, Cumbria

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

Okay... dumb question time here... Hated female, why iggy someone for calling you hunni??? I have done that myself right from the day I joined chat and it's something I'll do until the day I leave chat. I choose to do it simply because there are times when it's easier than trying to read the first three (or more) letters of someone's user name so I can tab it in. Fair enough, take offence if it's just aimed at the opposite sex but when both sexes are referred to in the same way, I fail to see how it could be offensive.

I also dislike the idea where once a member is iggied, then you cannot remove this member from your iggy list... I believe that everyone is capable of change and deserves another chance and as such I wouldn't like the option of being unable to remove such user from my iggy list when the reason they are there could well be simply that they were annoying me that particular night.

Hey :D

Unless things have changed since the last time I iggied someone then you absolutely can unignore them simply by typing /unignore *chatname* or clicking their name in your iggy list and then clicking 'unignore user' :D

There were a few that I couldn't unignore but I presumed this was because they'd deactivated their account and were no longer in existence, been removed for some reason or a bug in the system.. but for the general iggied population you should be able to retract it :D

randomlyrandom23 / Erica

Email me

#58 hated female

hated female

Getting there

• -Members
  • 168 posts
  • Locationsouth west

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

ill answer this the reason i giie me men that call me hun or hunnie aintthe right way to adress some one a polite hello wud be ok why wud u even want to think about unblocking a igiied chatter you have put this chatter on iggie for doing somthing u dont like so why not keep him or her ther it dont make sence in mycase come the end of my hell i had on then lycos chat i have more than half the room on iggie and ther wud have been no way i woudl have took them off cos u have done it for a rEASON we all think differant i guessbut any man that called me huun or babe or baby on that chat never got to call me it agin
<p>hello every one my names&nbsp;&nbsp;jess i have been on lycos&nbsp;&nbsp;chat 6 years i still like to call it that cos to&nbsp;&nbsp;me its still&nbsp;&nbsp;lycos&nbsp;&nbsp;love u hal pavelxxxxxxx</p>

#59 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts
  • Chat Name:Shadow_X

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:42 AM

I sort of agree, I totally dislike being called hun, hunnie and things like that.

People I know it's different, but complete strangers, that don't know you, its all fake.

It's a term of endearment, you wouldn't walk up to a stranger in the steet and say hello hunny, the principal on chat is the same. Always seems to me they are trying to be nice to ask for something, and lots of the time, it is to get msn and so on.

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

Designed to annoy P.Sgt.Levers

#60 randomlyrandom23

randomlyrandom23

Teachers pet

• Forum Moderator
  • 2008 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

I have to agree. I have, on occasion, confronted a PM'er to ask why they call me 'babe' or 'sexy' without even looking at my profile first.. 9 out of 10 of the ones that I do confront then go ahead and look at my profile... and never reply to me again. Lol :D

randomlyrandom23 / Erica

Email me

#61 xXPoohXx

xXPoohXx

Teachers pet

• Forum Admin
  • 2978 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

the good thing about ignore is that it's our choice to use it to make our chat experience better.

we dont have to justify our reasons for using ignore - if that were the case then a lot of people would stop using it and probably not come back to chat.

no one is wrong with their reasons.. if it makes you happy then go for it ;)

Posted Image
Noesis Forum Admin - Staff
Chat Navigator (Noesis UK)
Email me

#62 hated female

hated female

Getting there

• -Members
  • 168 posts
  • Locationsouth west

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

Hated Female, can you honestly not see the link at all between the bad reputation you have on here, the mass contempt that people have for you on here aswell, and the posts and threads you make??. Just like in the above one for example, hardly a sensible and conventional reply is it?.

But.......why bother telling you all this?, cause as far as your concerned, your always right and everyone else is always wrong. Your always the victim and everyone else is always the antagonist. You can never do any wrong as far as your concerned. You honestly do live in your own world. If you were a very violent person, you are the sought of person that would tell judges that the other person just ran into your knife as you were holding it out.

*TEXT REMOVED*
thats why u for one was my very fist chatter to be iggied and if im right millions stuck u on ignore for yer dressing up in womens clothes *TEXT and IMAGE REMOVED*

Edited by xXPoohXx, 11 August 2011 - 11:54 AM.
You can have reasons for using ignore however without proof do not bring them on here along with unsuitable images

#63 skyrider

skyrider

Getting there

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Oh i never said that chatters should have to justify why they iggy somebody (and no, im not getting defensive here as i type this), i guess people are free to chat to and not chat to whoever they like.

But when you get iggied for a reason like after just saying hello, its hard not to form opinions on it. Kind of like how someones free to walk down the street impersonating a chicken if they wanted to, but onlookers will still certainly form opinions on it and worry about the guy lol.

#64 Pants-Of-Destruction

Pants-Of-Destruction

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationHull

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:53 AM

You haven't seen my chicken impersonation. Colonel Sanders chased me for 17 days
Posted Image I like to stop at the duty free shop

#65 Oh.My.Gosh.

Oh.My.Gosh.

We're all mad here!

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:01 PM

I got ignored for not being talkative.....
made me laugh!

#66 randomlyrandom23

randomlyrandom23

Teachers pet

• Forum Moderator
  • 2008 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

I got iggied for not having blonde hair once :D

randomlyrandom23 / Erica

Email me

#67 skyrider

skyrider

Getting there

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 10:29 AM

*TEXT REMOVED*
thats why u for one was my very fist chatter to be iggied and if im right millions stuck u on ignore for yer dressing up in womens clothes *TEXT and IMAGE REMOVED*

What the????

Cant you ever make a reply to a point on here without bringing your past personal vendetta's into everything all the time?. I know who you are and i know that you know who i am, and i could start ranting on for pages and pages and pages of every grieviance i have against you, but...........i choose not to for 2 reasons

A) Im not going to drag the past on forever like you obviously want to

and B) This forum is not the lycos UG, so its not the place for it

I dread to think what images you stuck up on here before a moderator removed them (i dont really wanna know either to be honest). And i dont dress in women's clothing, im not a cross dresser, so those that iggied me for that must of chosen to imagine me in womens clothing then decided they didnt like what they were imagining and iggied me lol.

Unlike you im not incredibly butt hurt all the time by those on chat or the internet that have chosen to socially exclude me over the years.

#68 xXPoohXx

xXPoohXx

Teachers pet

• Forum Admin
  • 2978 posts
  • LocationSomerset

Posted 12 August 2011 - 12:58 PM

Cant you ever make a reply to a point on here without bringing your past personal vendetta's into everything all the time?.

very good question but this DOES NOT need an answer so Jess.. dont bother replying please.

this is about ignore in general now... so for anyone that wants to make this personal once again please be advised.. i will remove your posts.

thanks

Posted Image
Noesis Forum Admin - Staff
Chat Navigator (Noesis UK)
Email me

#69 MercifulRelease

MercifulRelease

Fidget

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationLeicestershire, UK

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

When I first signed up about a decade ago (eeek!) I created an extra account on which I went around and ignored EVERYONE I encountered who could be ignored. I have absolutely no recollection of why this might have been, but I presume that I was just having a dull afternoon! :S

"Gouranga, Gouranga?"
Yes I’ll be happy...
When you’ve been arrested
For defacing the bridge.

#70 Undisclosed.Desires

Undisclosed.Desires

Settled in

• Members
  • 928 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:05 AM

I got Ignored because of how my hair is Posted Image LOOL

#71 Shadow_X

Shadow_X

It's just me!

• Forum Admin
  • 2132 posts
  • Chat Name:Shadow_X

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

I dread to think what images you stuck up on here before a moderator removed them (i dont really wanna know either to be honest). And i dont dress in women's clothing, im not a cross dresser, so those that iggied me for that must of chosen to imagine me in womens clothing then decided they didnt like what they were imagining and iggied me lol.

lmao

Posted Image
Posted Image

1st Navigator UK Chat

Designed to annoy P.Sgt.Levers

#72 model_wife

model_wife

Needs to talk more

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Locationsouth of edinburgh

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

iv been ignored for not replying quick enough in the room, then told i was ignorant and he put "who would want a model wife like model wife i wouldnt" oh i was hurt Posted Image lol. i currently have no one on ignore as i do like the right to reply.

#73 kewtiepie

kewtiepie

Needs to talk more

• Chief Navigator
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

I'm ashamed to admit I once iggied a whole room except for the people I spoke to lol and as soon as more people entered the room I iggied them too Posted Image

Posted Image

If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice into a water gun and shoot other people in the eyes  

#74 GeordieLad222

GeordieLad222

First Day

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCramlington, Northumberland

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:39 AM

Got iggied for asking someone how they were Posted Image

#75 hated female

hated female

Getting there

• -Members
  • 168 posts
  • Locationsouth west

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

Got iggied for asking someone how they were Posted Image

wot i dont get is this wen i was allowed back on chat by the iron madien she told me now u MUST BY ALL ACOUNTS KEEP ANDY2004TRUCKER ON IGNORE n wich i obeyed low n be hold did i no the 90 days of igiie came up and some how he and me be came in verbale typing in the 30s room i didnt relize ther was a time limit and wen that limit was up the chatter get took of and then u see them agin so wot happens next well hers wots happened along camre the iron maiden went kinda berserk with me and said u havent got thi s chatter on ggie she then went on to say right thats it u have let me down ive had a enougn so wot did i get my last n final chance on chat another r os ban i couldnt belive my eyes and to theis day i never relized chatters automaticlaly get taken of after a certian amount of time i also didnt get iggied by many but i can say i had a few on iggie and once i had so many women oniggie

*TEXT REMOVED*

Edited by GodfatherUK, 14 August 2011 - 09:23 AM.
Derogatory remarks removed

#76 MercifulRelease

MercifulRelease

Fidget

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

I was recently ignored by someone because I'd never been to Butlins.

Seriously.

"Gouranga, Gouranga?"
Yes I’ll be happy...
For defacing the bridge.

#77 Lea2975

Lea2975

linguist extraordinaire

• Members
  • 2884 posts
  • Chat Name:Lea2975
  • LocationWest Yorkshire

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

:o I'd have been iggied too cos I've never been to butlins, or pontins, or center parcs, or any other holiday camp type thing :o :o

You can make mistakes in life but it is how you deal with them that makes you a better person or a worse person.

#78 MercifulRelease

MercifulRelease

Fidget

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

:o I'd have been iggied too cos I've never been to butlins, or pontins, or center parcs, or any other holiday camp type thing :o :o

Yes! Learn from my mistake and never give information about places you have not been to on holiday! :D It's apparently a very sensitive issue!

"Gouranga, Gouranga?"
Yes I’ll be happy...
For defacing the bridge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users